Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Blaze Pizza January 30, 2016

Red Vine and Veg Out Half-and-Half Pizza
Half and Half: Red Vine (Left) and Veg Out (Right) with Arugula.



Blaze catches the eye with its fiery color scheme and name.  However, the crispy thin crust pizza wasn't my style.  Overall, the pizza was alright but nothing I would return for.  I make pizzas almost every week, which means I'm harder to please.  There are three pizza places now in the Orange Plaza: Zito's, The Pizza Press, and this one.  Zito's has the best family oriented, traditional New York style pizza.  Pizza Press is very similar to this place but I prefer it because of the printing press theme complete with old photographs and newsboy-style uniforms.  Blaze uniforms and decor are less intriguing.  Decor is half the reason to dine out, which was lacking.  All the fire on the outside is lost on the inside.  I also did not like the mix of edgy contemporary music playing in the background.

Nonetheless, this is a popular joint, I hope it continues for their sake.  I do like the idea of all the pizza places in our historic town center.  

View from Italian restaurant across the way.

View from Plaza center.


No comments:

Post a Comment