Friday, March 3, 2017

Darya Restaurant - February 19, 2017

Darya at Sunset
After visiting relatives in Colorado Springs and dining with them at the Mason Jar in Old Colorado City at sunset, I have come to feel that sunset is by far the best time to begin one's dinner experience. And Darya looks quite fine in this light.

Two More at Sunset
I've passed this place for years, always looking in and awestruck by the elegant atmosphere with tablecloths and columns. As it turned out, this is a Persian restaurant, and this was evident in the foreign languages being spoken by other diners.



Live Keyboard Music.
I was impressed by live music provided by a keyboardist. Furthermore, the flatbread was not only unique but also served warm, warm bread is a plus that many restaurant fail to do.

Flatbread.

Charbroiled Salmon, Sabzi Polo, and Salad.
I played it safe and got things I know I like: salmon, the Persian version of rice pilaf (sabzi polo), and salad. Since I don't like raw tomatoes, I got creative and mashed them with my fork and ate them with the salmon. This is average priced dining, neither cheap nor expensive, though some people undoubtedly will feel it's too expensive for them.

One thing I loved about this place was that I my appetite was satisfied after I was done, unlike most sit-down (or any non-buffet) restaurants. Indeed, usually I need a buffet to feel satisfied. Overall, this is certainly a dining gem in my hometown of Orange, California, which I am immensely proud of.

I'm already thinking of going back for the Lake Superior white fish.

 

Fancy restroom.

Brick oven.

Lounge.



No comments:

Post a Comment